Friday, June 09, 2006

U-tube Manometers and brakes!
My Mojo failed its SVA because the brake fluid reservoir was deemed to be too low.
What I had done was mount the reservoir with the low fill line just above the master cylinder inlet. However this meant that the hose that connects the reservior to the master cylinder followed a torturous route going above the master cylinder and then below. In reality the route of the hose is irrelevant as long as there is a sufficient head of fluid above the master cylinder. This is 'O' level u-tube manometer stuff.

In order to satisfy the tester I had to do to 2 thnigs raise the reservoir and change the method by which the hose is attached to the master cyliner. Originally I had used a straight push-on adapter from Merlin. This meant that the hoses were attached vertically to the master cylinder accentuating the up and down hose path. I replaced thses with push on banjo fittings from AP Racing part number CP2623-41 (available from Demon Tweeks).



These are very nice peices of kit. They allow the hose to enter horizontally giving a much neater hose path.

Below is a picture of my now SVA compliant brake system.

No comments: