Thursday, March 01, 2007


I've been too long without a car project!
Time to plan the next one then! There was only one choice, the Sylva Riot.
It is available in 2 flavours, bike or car engined. The bike option uses Yamaha R1 or Kawasaki ZZR power. I'm going for the slightly softer option, a Ford 1600 Zetec SE (AKA Sigma) engine. I'll source the engine from a Focus. It delivers 100PS in standard trim and should give about 140BHP with a decent exhaust and an Emerald K3 ECU. The car will weigh about 475Kg. 140 BHP will be adequate! I plan to use a Ford iB5 gearbox from a Fiesta.

So far I have sources all of the suspension uprights and hubs, not an easy task as the front hubs come from a Mk2 Capri and rears from a MK2 Fiesta XR2 along with drive shafts. The steering column is from a Ford Sierra.

I'm off to the factory next week to sort out the chassis. Fun!


No comments: