Thursday, March 29, 2007

My Riot is going to have a light blue chassis and a royal blue body. Not totally sure how it's going to work out!
Anyway, while I was in Lincolnshire, I went to my favorite scrap yard, Roger Windley's. By pure luck there was a freshly rolled 1.6 Focus with 44,000 miles on the clock. £175 + VAT seemed a good deal for the engine, so I bought it!
So I now have all the major mechanical bits, 1.6 Sigma from the Focus, iB5 gearbox from a 1.4 Puma, XR2 driveshafts and hubs and Capri struts. I'm going to the factory again in a couple of weeks and should come back with a rolling chassis.
Another bit of luck is the Focus has a tubular exhaust manifold. OK the primaries aren't very long but I'm going to try and use it. It will save me over £200 and I won't have the manifold poking through the engine cover so I can mount the number plate and light on the engine cover rather than the silencer. We shall see...

No comments: